Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Strange New Worlds

Okay, so maybe for most of you, this world is neither new nor strange. Trust that for me, it's both. Thoughts and words out into the ether . . . puts me in mind of that John Mayer song, where he's writing a love song for no one, romantic words for a girl he may some day meet.

In that spirit (but not in the romantic sense--my wife would kill me), here goes:

Hello all. Welcome to my first ever blog. If you've stumbled upon this, chances are you already know me a little. Those who don't, check out the site at www.christophergolden.com

I turned 38 a few months ago. Doesn't seem old to me, though I know it does to some of you (*koff* Claris *koff*). Even so, it's weird to think I've been a freelance writer for thirteen years at this point. REALLY weird.

That said, this fall and the next couple of years are shaping up to be the most interesting yet. At the moment, I'm focused on writing THE BORDERKIND, the second book in my dark fantasy trilogy for Bantam books. The first one, THE MYTH HUNTERS, comes out in January.

But simultaneously, and wow is it time consuming, I'm working on trying to help promote GHOSTS OF ALBION: ACCURSED. Amber Benson and I created GoA as an animated web serial for the BBC and now we've begun a new novel series with Del Rey books. The first novel is ACCURSED. With my new Wicked Street Team--who are largely responsible for me getting this blog set up, along with Claris--Amber and I are trying to get the word out on GoA. It's publicity central around here the last couple of days. More on that later.

We've got the signing schedule for November for GoA: ACCURSED set up, but are waiting on confirmation.

My friend and frequent writing partner Tom Sniegoski is off to Vancouver today, where they're filming THE FALLEN for ABC Family, based upon his novel series of the same name. Yay, Tom!

And that's the story. What else?

Listening to: Jason Mraz, Madeleine Peyroux, and the thousands of songs I've put on my I-pod.
Watching: tonight, House. Tomorrow night, Lost and Invasion.
Reading: Scholars of Night, John M. Ford.
Writing: The Borderkind
Revising: (a secret project with my buddy Jim Moore that I can't talk about yet)

So there's my first blog. I'm sure I'll get better at it. :) Let me know how I did.

17 Comments:

Blogger Little Willow said...

Yay Chris! Welcome to the blogging world. :)

Jason Mraz: I really liked the album Waiting for My Rocket to Come. Is that what you are listening to, or are you checking out the new album, Mr. A-Z? If so, is it decent? Better or worse than Waiting?

Duncan Sheik: LISTEN TO DUNCAN SHEIK. I don't know if you've tried him out. We've never really talked about it/him, but I think you know how much I adore his music, right? He is fantastic. I saw him live last night for the second time ever and I'm still bouncing around. An hour into his set, it started to rain and they had to stop the concert, since it was outdoors. That made me sad. Then I met him. That made me glad.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Kim Harrington said...

I think it's great that you're blogging! Looking forward to reading more.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Bob Freeman said...

Welcome to blogspot Chris. This is a great tool to reach out and touch people with your words. Happy Blogging...

11:13 AM  
Blogger Christopher Golden said...

Thanks everyone. :) Thrilled to have such a quick response. I figure I'll probably write something every couple of days, but you know what they say about good intentions.

LW, it's Mr. A-Z and I think it's actually better than the first one.

Not familiar with Duncan Sheik. Guess I have to remedy that.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Kiba said...

Hi Chris! Blogging = good, and whoever set you up with an LJ feed (Claris? You? LW? Yay, whoever it is...) = genius.

I am excited about your blog! It comes as no surprise that my favorite authors also tend to be my favorite bloggers (Neil Gaiman leaps to mind). So I am really looking forward to reading your stuff. I also have a world of catching up to do in the GoA universe!

Lastly, I must echo LW's "LISTEN TO DUNCAN SHEIK." My favorite album of his is Phantom Moon (favorite song is "Sad Stephen's Song"), but I also really enjoy Daylight (my favorite song on there is "Magazines"). Excellent music, for driving, sleeping, reading, just listening, anything.

12:13 PM  
Blogger helygen said...

Hi Chris

Welcome to the Land of Blog!

I don't normally post here, but will keep in touch via LJ feeds and will of course continue to spread the word about your forthcoming books :)

I hope you get the chance to promote your work over here - it would be nice to meet you again :)

2:28 PM  
Blogger Little Willow said...

Chris: Duncan rocks. His music is so impressive in so many ways: style, lyrics, composition, emotion. Listen listen listen. :)

Good to hear that Mr. A-Z is decent. I read some horrible reviews that worried me.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Little Willow said...

Kiba: Darn tootin'!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Maryelizabeth said...

Welcome to the world of blogging ... can't wait for you and Amber to hit the road -- yay for Del Rey for including Mysterious Galaxy!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Christopher Golden said...

Harry, the Ipod is a wonderful thing. Truly. Not only do I have pretty much all of my music on it, but doing so means I now have it all on my computer as well. Hit "shuffle" either at home or on the Ipod, and I've got a WEEK's worth of music for the thing to randomly choose from. Every new song is a pleasant surprise, because it's all stuff I already love.

Kiba, clearly I need to get into Dunchan Sheik.

Tanner, LW, everyone thanks. :)

Maryelizabeth . . . darlin', do you think *I* would have had it any other way? Any chance you'll hang up your chaps for a day and come visit?

7:55 AM  
Blogger Jeff Mariotte said...

Congrats and welcome to the blogosphere, Chris. I've just set up a link from http://jeff_mariotte.typepad.com/my_weblog/
so that my freaks--I mean, readers--will be coming this way to visit!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Little Willow said...

http://www.duncansheik.com

:) :) :)

10:50 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I just love alliteration. Look forward to reading more, when I was in high school I was a big fan of the Body of Evidence series.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Feena said...

It's great Chris :-)

And I now have a blog as well (with nothing in it yet) because I had to sign up to post *lol*

9:49 AM  
Blogger James A. Moore said...

Yo, Joe!

Nice blog my good man!

Jim Moore--who is waiting patiently for revisions...;)

8:41 PM  
Blogger Christopher Golden said...

Thanks everyone. :)

Jeff, thanks for the link. If I can figure out how to do the same, I'll return the favor.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Briel said...

Hey Chris! Great to see you posting. :)

Mr. A-Z ~ I'm really enjoying this cd as well. Song For A Friend is my absolute favorite song on the album. I listen to it on repeat all the time.

Looking forward to Accursed. I'll be coming to the signing in LA in Nov. :)

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home