Thursday, January 03, 2013

Bob Booth - Papa Necon

For more than three decades, Bob Booth has been one of the stalwart, silent heroes of horror, fantasy, and dark fantasy. A writer, editor, past chairman of the World Fantasy Convention, and founder of Necon (the best little convention in the world), he is also the patriarch of a wonderful family AND the patriarch for hundreds of us who make the pilgrimage to Necon every July. Father figure, devoted reader, and loyal friend, Bob is one of my favorite people in the world. It breaks my heart to have to share this. I can't begin to tell you what Bob has meant to me. My career essentially started at and because of Necon. Enough said, for now. If you know Bob, I hope you'll share some words of support with him and with his family, either at the Necon ebooks site or in a card, letter, or email, as indicated in this post, which provides an update on his condition.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know Mr. Booth, but he is extremely important to my son, Bracken, and therefore he is important to me. My thoughts are with all of you who know and love this obviously important man and his family.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home