Monday, October 31, 2005

On the Road, Ghosts of Albion, and Happy Halloween!

It's Halloween. My favorite holiday, of course. This year, unfortunately, I haven't had time to do nearly as much of the usual Halloween stuff as I'd like. Bought pumpkins, but didn't carve them. Probably won't have time to watch Carpenter's Halloween tonight, which is an annual event. Maybe, if I'm lucky, I'll watch some Kolchak with the kids. Even so, I love the whole trick or treat thing, the neighborhood swarming with kids in costumes. Brings me back, that's for sure. So to all of you, Happy Halloween.

And then, tomorrow, November 1st, begins one of the busiest months I've had in a very, very long time. I'll be at World Fantasy Convention this weekend, then doing signings with my c0-author Amber Benson the following week in NYC and New England, and the following week, we travel from San Diego to L.A. to San Francisco, all in support of the GHOSTS OF ALBION: ACCURSED. If you live in any of those areas, be sure to come see us.

We're working on the second draft of the second GoA novel, WITCHERY, and so far it's going really well. It's gratifying to see the reviews on ACCURSED. Publishers Weekly, Library Journal, Romantic Times, and Kirkus have all given it excellent reviews so far. Now we can exhale. :) Our Suggest-a-Ghost contest has had hundreds of entries, which we have to start reviewing this week. Should be very interesting. I only wish I had more time in a day. But how often do we all say that?

Some interesting announcements coming soon, regarding limited editions, upcoming comics, and assorted other items..

Meanwhile, I'm working away on THE BORDERKIND, which really is writing itself at this point as I draw all the skeins together for the climax of this second book of THE VEIL. The only bad thing is that I haven't had time to go to the movies in forever. There are so many things out there I haven't seen and I can't even keep track of them anymore! Ah, well, there's always DVD.

If you read GHOSTS OF ALBION: ACCURSED, please shoot me an e-mail or post on my message board and let me know what you think.

WRITING: The Borderkind
READING: Spirits in the Wires by Charles de Lint. Just finished Cabinet of Curiosities by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
WATCHING: The New England Patriots pull their fat out of the fire against Buffalo last night! Welcome back, Bruschi, you were missed!
LISTENING: Maia Sharp: Fine Upstanding Citizen
RECOMMENDING: The Best of Gahan Wilson (the man's a mad cartooning genius, folks, a national treasure)

4 Comments:

Blogger Little Willow said...

Happy Halloween! Did your munchkins dress up?

7:38 PM  
Blogger Corby said...

Spirits in the Wires ... great choice, I love deLint! Haven't read that Preston/Child book, I'll have to check it out. Welcome, BTW to the blog world!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Angelic_charisma said...

I am most excited to read your new novel, 'Dark Congres'! I cannot wait to see what the storyline entails. I have a very good idea as to what it might be...and I am in such agony to wait in suspense, though I hope to see a short summary that will drop a hint as to what the plot is. I'm so thrilled to see that you have published a new Buffy novel! I will anxiously await even a crumb of a clue to what the summary is.
Thank you Christopher.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Angelic_charisma said...

I am most excited to read your new novel, 'Dark Congres'! I cannot wait to see what the storyline entails. I have a very good idea as to what it might be...and I am in such agony to wait in suspense, though I hope to see a short summary that will drop a hint as to what the plot is. I'm so thrilled to see that you have published a new Buffy novel! I will anxiously await even a crumb of a clue to what the summary is.
Thank you Christopher.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home