Sunday, November 01, 2009

The Oak King

I'm truly honored to have been chosen as the Green Man Review's Oak King for 2009. There are tons of reviews, a short story, and a lengthy interview I enjoyed very much (thanks Rich!). I hope you'll all go check it out. www.greenmanreview.com/oneoffs/christophergolden.html

And a belated Happy Halloween to you all. No one in my house likes horror movies much, but I managed to watch quite a few in the past week or so, and mostly good ones. Apparently I saw BURNT OFFERINGS when I was nine or so, because I vaguely remembered it. Excellent film. Even better was THE CHANGELING with George C. Scott, which I had never seen. Dario Argento's PHENOMENA was a bit of a let down, but not nearly as disappointing as the old Amicus film THE SKULL. I don't think a movie with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee has ever bored me before, but this one....gahh. They could have done the whole movie in twenty minutes, literally. You could edit it down to that and lose nothing. I also watched HALLOWEEN, of course. That and IT'S THE GREAT PUMPKIN CHARLIE BROWN are the IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE and...well, Charlie Brown Christmas...of Halloween.

2 Comments:

Blogger Little Willow said...

Congrats! :)

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home