Saturday, January 16, 2010

Looking Ahead!

2010 is going to be an interesting year. The start of a new decade. I'm very curious to discover what it has in store, but for the moment, here's what's going on in my world for 2010.

**I'm signing with Stephen R. Bissette, Rick Hautala, and Holly Newstein at Barnes and Noble in Framingham, MA on Tuesday, February 16th, at 7pm, to celebrate the release of THE NEW DEAD. Other signings will be taking place that day in cities across the country. (It's the official release date for the book.) I hope to see some of you there, or that you'll turn out for other NEW DEAD signings.

**I'll be doing several panels at BOSKONE in Boston on Valentine's Day weekend. (But not on Sunday. Duh. It's Valentine's day. I love talking about writing, but I love my wife more.

**In April, I'm one of the guests at Boston Comic Con. It's going to be fantastic and huge. Other guests include my amigos Mike Mignola, Tom Sniegoski, and Eric Powell. Mignola and I will have a special chapbook for sale there, but more on that later.

**In July, I'll be attending both Necon and Thrillerfest (that one's a first).

**Upcoming releases....THE NEW DEAD in February. THE CHAMBER OF TEN (with Tim Lebbon) in July. OF SAINTS AND SHADOWS (new edition) in July. THE SECRET JOURNEYS OF JACK LONDON: THE CALLS OF THE WILD...sometime toward the end of the year. ANGEL SOULS AND DEVIL HEARTS (new edition) in September. OF MASQUES AND MARTYRS (new edition) in November. THE GATHERING DARK (new edition) in, I think, January 2011.

**As for what I'm working on now...
---The third issue of BALTIMORE: THE PLAGUE SHIPS, the first of the new series of miniseries that Mike Mignola and I are writing and Ben Stenbeck is illustrating for Dark Horse Comics, a spinoff from BALTIMORE, OR, THE STEADFAST TIN SOLDIER AND THE VAMPIRE.
---The fourth Hidden Cities book with Tim Lebbon.
---A secret project for Disney Press tied in to an upcoming film written by Guillermo del Toro.
---But all of that will be off my plate shortly, letting me focus all of my efforts for the rest of the winter and early spring on WAKING NIGHTMARES, the brand new, fifth book in the Peter Octavian series (the Shadow Saga).

**Beyond that, Tim and I have another Jack London book to do, and Mike Mignola and I recently signed a two book deal with St. Martin's Press for a couple of crazy projects that I can't wait to get started on.

It's going to be a crazy year, but it's already looking very promising. Last week, after representing myself for nine years, I signed on with literary agent Howard Morhaim, and I'm excited to see where this new partnership leads.

I'll keep you posted. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Paula RC said...

Wow, what an exciting time ahead of you. I wish you lots of luck and have a wonderful time.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Shiai said...

I can only assume you've taken on an agent because you've at long last figured out how to go without sleep, and you seek additional work to fill those hours of the night. ;)

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home